Last Modified: 08/28/2023
We are Lume AI, Inc. ("Lume," "we,"or "us"), developers and providers of an AI system to help automate data integrations and rapidly build integration pipelines between systems. This Privacy Notice explains how collects, uses, and discloses personal information in connection with our website, www.lume.ai, and the related content, platform, products, and other functionality offered onor through our services (including contact with our customer service team,engagement with us on social media, or other related interactions with us)(collectively the “services”).
This Privacy Notice does not addressour privacy practices relating to Lume job applicants, employees and other personnel .This Privacy Notice is also not a contract and does not create any legal rights or obligations.
OUR COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Lume is the “data controller” of the personal information we collect or otherwise maintain about our customers, website visitors and professional contacts in connection with our services. This means that we determine how and why such personal information is used.
When our customers use our services to submit, manage, integrate and transform their data (“Customer Data”), we will process such information on behalf of and under the instruction of the respective customer, who is the “data controller”.
The categories of personal information we collect depend on how you interact with us and our services. Lume collects information that individuals provide directly to us, information we collect automatically when individuals interact with us, and information we collect from third-party sources and other organizations.
Personal Information Individuals Provide Directly to Us
We may collect the following personal information individuals provide directly tous in connection with our services:
- Contact Information, including name, email address, phone number, job and employer information, social media handles, and communication preferences.
- Account Information, including username, password,organizational information, general location, affiliated accounts, and join date.
- Integrated Account Information, including access keys or credentials to third party platforms for use in the data integration services.
- Inquiry and Communication Information, including information provided in messages or inquiries sent through our services or provided directly to a member of our team. We may also receive communication preferences from you,such as where you sign up for our newsletter.
- Payment Information, we may, through our third-partypayment processor, collect information about transactions you request,including subscriptions and plans purchased through the services. While we do not collect payment card information directly, we may receive billing information,transactional information and confirmation of payments from you and our payment processor partners.
When an individual chooses to contact us, we may need additional information to fulfill the request or respond to inquiries. We may provide additional privacy-related information where the scope of the inquiry/request and/or personal information we require fall outside the scope of this Privacy Notice.In that case, the additional privacy notice will govern how we may process the information provided at that time.
Personal Information Automatically Collected
As is true of many digital platforms, we and our third-party providers may also collect certain personal information from an individual’s device, browsing actions, and site usage patterns automatically when visiting or interacting with our services, which may include:
- Log Data, such as cookie identifiers, internet protocol (IP) address, mobile carrier, MAC address, user settings, mobile ad identifiers, Internet service provider, browser or device information, the URL entered and the referring page/campaign, date/time of visit, the time spent on our services, and any errors that may occur during the visit to our services.
- Analytics Data, such as the electronic path taken to our services, through our services, and when exiting our services, as well as information pertaining to usage and activity on our services (including pages visited, links clicked, content interacted with, and duration and frequency of the activities).
- Location Data , such as general geographic location based on the log data we or our third-party providers collect.
Personal Information from Third Parties and Other Sources
We also obtain personal information from third-party sources, which we often combined with personal information we collect either automatically or directly from an individual.
We may receive the same categories of personal information as described above from the following third parties:
- Affiliates : We may receive personal information from other companies owned or controlled by Lume AI, and other companies owning or under common ownership with Lume AI, particularly when we collaborate in providing services.
- Referrals: We may receive information about potential customer prospects who may be interested in our services from others who choose to refer our services to them.
- Single Sign-On: Some parts of our services may allow you to login through your organization’s authentication service such as Google OAuth or Github. These services will authenticate your identity and We do not receive the login credentials for the relevant third-party service. Instead, we receive tokens from the single sign-on service to help identify you in our system (such as by their username) and confirm the community member successfully authenticated with the single sign-on services.
- Integrated Platforms: If you choose to integrate third-party databases or platforms with our services, we will collect information contained within those platforms. Given the nature of the services,this may include various types of personal information. We process such information on a transitory basis while extracting and loading the transfer, to facilitate transformation and integration of such information into the destination third-party platform. We may retain a small, randomized sample of such information for the sole purpose of developing and improving our models.
- Social Media: If an individual chooses to interact with us on social media, we may collect personal information about them from their social media account that they make public. We may also collect information about potential customer prospects from social media sites. We usepersonal information collected in connection with social media accounts to communicate with them, better understand their interests and preferences, and better understand our user base in the aggregate.
- Data Analytics Providers: We rely on third-party providers to help us collect analytics relating to our services and user base. These data analytics providers often collect personal information directly from individuals and share some or all of this information with us in connection with their analytics services.
- Other Service Providers: Other service providers that perform services solely on our behalf, such as website hosting, payment processors and marketing providers, collect personal information and often share some or allof this information with us in connection with their services.
- Information Providers: We may from time to time obtain information from third-party information providers to correct or supplement personal information we collect. For example, we may obtain updated contact information from third-party information providers to connect with an individual who may be interested in our services.
- Publicly Available Sources: We collect personal information about individuals that we do not otherwise have, such as contact information or an individual’s interest in our services, from publicly available sources. We may combine this information with the information we collect from an individual directly.
- Inferences: We may generate inferences or predictions about individuals and their interests and preferences based on the other personal information we collect and the interactions we have with the individuals.
We may at times receive, or process personal information to create, deidentified information that can no longer reasonably be used to infer information about,or otherwise be linked to, a particular individual or household. Where we maintain de identified information, we will maintain and use the information in deidentified form and not attempt to reidentify the information except as required or permitted by law.
OUR USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to:
- Manage our organization and its day-to-day operations;
- Administer, provide, maintain, improve, and personalize our products and services;
- Improve and support the Lume community;
- Facilitate the transformation, integration and management services at your request;
- Process or otherwise facilitate transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, invoices, customer experience surveys, and recall notices;
- Personalize and improve your experience on our services;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Lume and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our services;
- Test, enhance, update, develop and monitor the services, or diagnose or fix technology problems, bugs or other errors in our services;
- Help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our property and services, technology assets, and business;
- Defend, protect, or enforce our rights or applicable contracts and agreements;
- Detect, prevent, investigate, or provide notice of security incidents or other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of Lume and others;
- Facilitate business transactions and reorganizations impacting the structure of our business;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
OUR DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose the information we collect to:
- Affiliates: We share information with other companies owned or controlled by Lume AI, and other companies owning or under common ownership with Lume AI, particularly when we collaborate in providing services.
- Referrals: We may share the name of a referring individual with the person the individual refers to our services.
- Integrated Third Parties: At your direction, as part of services, we may forward personal information, including your information and Customer Data to destination platforms for integration.
- Event, Promotion and Other Business Partners: Just as we may receive information from our event,promotion and other business partners, we may share information with them in connection with the relevant event, promotion or service we are offering. For example, we may share information with conference organizers in order to have them facilitate communication between us and members of the Lume community.
- Data Analytics Providers: We may share information with our data analytics providers to facilitate the analytics services they are providing us.
- Other Service Providers: In addition to the third parties identified above, we engage other third-party service providers that perform business or operational services for us or on our behalf, such as web hosting, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing services. Depending on the function the provider serves,the service provider may process information on our behalf or have access to information while performing functions on our behalf.
- Business Transaction or Reorganization: We may share or otherwise disclose personal information to a third-party during negotiations concerning, in connection with, or as an asset in a merger, sale or other transfer of company assets, joint venture, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company. Personal information may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
- Legal Obligations and Rights: We share or otherwise disclose information to third parties, such as our lawyers,other professional advisors and law enforcement:
- --- Where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests;
- --- In connection with the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
- --- To comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- --- To protect our rights and property and the rights and property of others, including to enforce our agreements and policies;
- --- To detect, suppress, or prevent fraud;
- --- To protect the health and safety of us and others; or
- --- As otherwise required by applicable law.
- Otherwise with Consent or Direction: We may share or otherwise disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share certain information with a third-party app or platform to verify your online identity or transactions at your direction.
We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
COOKIES AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES
We engage third parties to provide uswith analytics and other services across the web and in mobile apps. We and ourthird-party providers may use (i) cookies or small data files that are stored on an individual’s computer and (ii) other, similar technologies, such as web beacons, pixels, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies andlogging technologies (collectively, “cookies”) to automatically collect personal information and use or disclose the personal information for the purposes described in the sections above, including to analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, and better understand each user’s online activity. Some examples of our third-party cookie providers include:
If an individual would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow the individual to: (i) change the individual’s browser settings to notify the individual when the individual receives a cookie, which lets the individual choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) sett he individual’s browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact the individual’s experience using our website,as some features and offerings may not work properly or at all. Depending on the individual’s device and operating system, the individual may not be able to delete or block all cookies. In addition, if the individual wants to reject cookies across all browsers and devices, the individual will need to do so on each browser on each device the individual actively uses.
The individual may also set their email options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether they have accessed our email and performed certain functions with it.
CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our services are not directed to, and we do not intend to, or knowingly, collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13. If an individual is under the age of 13, they should not use our services or otherwise provide us with any personal information either directly or by other means. If a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us,we encourage the child’s parent or guardian to contact us to request that we remove the personal information from our systems. If we learn that any personal information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that personal information.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE OR SERVICE
Our services may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications.Except where we post, link to, or expressly adopt or refer to this Privacy Notice, this Privacy Notice does not apply to, and we are not responsible for,any personal information practices of third-party websites and online services or the practices of other third parties. To learn about the personal information practices of third parties, please visit their respective privacy notices.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this notice and, if we make material changes, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our services or sending you a notification). We encourage you to review this Privacy Notice regularly to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Privacy Notice or other privacy-related matters, please send an email to: email@example.com
ADDITIONAL UNITED STATES PRIVACY DISCLOSURES
If you are a resident of the state of Nevada in the United States, Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes permits a Nevada resident to opt out of future sales of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect about the resident. Although we do not currently sell covered information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Nevada Opt Out Request”to submit such a request.